Yelverton lies on the edge of the Meavy Valley in the Dartmoor National Park.
It is situated on the A386 Plymouth to Tavistock road. Yelverton is an old coaching stop, has a historic tramway (circa 1823) & is an old railway junction on the Southern Line” London/Plymouth as well as the Plymouth/Princetown line. It is also famous for the Drake & Devonport Leats, it’s Golf Course & the historic Wartime airfield.
Yelverton is a thriving village with all amenities.
The village Hall is modern with glorious views of Dartmoor & is available for numerous events including:-
- Private Parties
- Sports including- Badminton (equipment available), table tennis, card games inc. bridge.
- Meetings such as Seminars, workshops, lectures, craft fairs, coffee mornings
- Events such as Yoga, Pilates, Bingo, charity fundraising events, quizzes, jumble sales
- Car Boot Sales
The village hall has the following amenities:-
- Spacious Hall leading to a terrace. Separate Bar area leading off hall.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Separate meeting room.
- Car Park for 30 cars with overflow onto field
- Internal toilet facilities inc. full disabled access to all areas
Within the village hall grounds there are the following additional amenities:-
- Bowling Club
- Tennis club
- Football Club
Great care has been taken to ensure suitable disabled access including toilet facilities provided.
The hall is a charity run by volunteers and a committee who meet regularly to plan village events and activities to raise funds to cover the upkeep of the hall.